Jump to content

MilitantGraham

Soldater
  • Posts

    8
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by MilitantGraham

  1. There are steam rallies all over the UK throughout the summer. http://fleetdata.co.uk/events.html shows how many we have got to choose from. There's always a good selection of vintage lorries, cars, bikes etc. as well as the steam engines. Usually there's other attractions as well, dogs running round obstacle courses, birds of prey, that sort of thing. This one had a motorbike display team riding over skips, so after they finished, I had a go. :P
  2. Hello, it's your UK correspondant again. I thought you might be interested to see what I get up to with my Volvo over here.
  3. Hello, it's me posting in English again. I hope you don't mind. I have put some books on my website for downloading as pdf files which I thought some of you might be interested in. There's a British army trial report on the Volvo/Eka F88 6x4 from 1971 comparing it with the 1970 AEC Militant. Eka recovery gear was later fitted to Scammell 6x4 and Foden 6x6 lorries for the British army. There's also a sales brochure and servicing schedule for the Bv202 in English and driving instructions in Swedish. http://www.aecmilitant.co.uk/downloads.html
  4. Thanks for the information, Swede. Danno, well spotted, I should have seen that. I wonder why it uses a mixture of engine oil and hydraulic oil in the steering ? It uses engine oil in the gearbox as well. 111 SSK bat, Witham's sell Land Rovers in all conditions. Some are straight out of service and some have been overhauled and painted. I have never bought from any of the big dealers myself, I will ask around and see if anyone has got any recommendations.
  5. Update & some questions. While looking for parts for my BV202, I ended up buying another one, another front half only and 3 crates of spares. I now own 2.5 Bv202s and about 500kg of spares. The engine in the first one I bought, British military registration 31 GX 18, was full of rain water. I have put the engine out of 31 GX 27 in it, but there is still a lot to do before I can drive it. 31 GX 15 is in good working order although it is a bit rusty in places, I thought Swedish steel was supposed to be good quality, :P but then I bet you thought the same about the British steel in Land Rover chassis. I have got it parked at a friends house and we have been playing with it in the fields nearby. The remains of 31 GX 27. This will be donating its engine, fuel tanks, windows etc. to 31 GX 18 Playing with 31 GX 15 Now for some questions. How tight should the tracks be ? What should the tyre pressures be ? What oils should I use ? EP90 in the transmission & 15w-40 in the engine ? Should I use hydraulic oil or ATF in the steering ? I have started making a website to collect as much information as possible in one place. http://www.aecmilitant.co.uk/bv202/home.html Graham
  6. I payed £200. I have just bought 3 wheels & tyres to replace the missing ones for £25 each. There is a Bv202 for sale on milweb, about 3/4 down the page for £3500
  7. I tried to collect my Bv202 on Saturday but got my Militant stuck so I just took some photos of it instead. There is a better route to where it has been abandoned but it goes across someone elses field so I will have to ask the farmer if he will tow it out for me with his tractor. A technical question now, the first of many. How do you steer a Bv202 when it is being towed ? Will the steering ram hold it fixed in position or can it be set to "float" so that the back half will just follow the front half ? I have borrowed a parts book in English to copy, I still need a manual. Torak, Witham's have got some Bv206s for sale, but they are up to 75 times the price of my Bv202. Graham
  8. First of all I apologise for writing in English but I can not speak Swedish. I have just bought a Bv202. I should have collected it today, but it is on a shooting range on a mountain in South Wales and as it has rained a lot recently the owner wouldn't let me in with my AEC Militant in case I damage the ground. I will have to wait until it dries up a bit. I already own three military vehicles and two trailers; 1970 AEC Militant Mk3 Medium Recovery Vehicle 1990 Land Rover 110 V8 1981 Land Rover 101 ambulance 1978 Weeks 10 ton recovery trailer 197? Sankey 3/4 ton trailer I am looking for any information on the Bv202. Has anyone got a workshop manual, parts book or any other books in English which they could scan and e-mail. Please reply in English if possible. I have been using this site to translate but I still have to guess some of it. Thanks in advance, and in return, if anyone has got any questions about Military Land Rovers or AECs I will try to help. Graham AEC Matador & Militant website
×
×
  • Create New...