caridon

JAS lilla segertåg - Export och försäljning av JAS 39 Gripen

19 hours ago, Smeghead said:

Jag har svårt att se att 39E skulle kunna certifieras för att bära B61-12 åt Belgarna.

Exakt. Och med det i tanken så är det lite märkligt att man ens var med i upphandlingen till att börja med från svensk del. Det är väl i princip endast F-35 som möter kraven.

Men det är väl vettigt att man drar sig ur nu hellre än att lägga mer tid och pengar på detta.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-11/bulgarian-president-accuses-cabinet-of-delaying-defense-deals

Bulgarian President Accuses Cabinet of Delaying Defense Deals

Bulgarian President Rumen Radev accused the government of delaying military procurement as the Balkan nation seeks to upgrade its capabilities to meet NATO standards.

Radev complained of a lack of progress and clarity on the defense-modernization projects, which include the planned purchase of Gripen fighter jets from Saab AB for as much as 1.5 billion lev ($874 million). The cabinet will await the conclusions of a parliamentary committee that’s looking into the selection process for the aircraft, a Defense Ministry official, who asked not to be named in accordance with ministry policy, said Tuesday by phone.

“I see a desire to postpone them, not complete them,” Radev, a former Air Force chief, said late Monday in a statement on his website, referring to the procurement projects. He described the administration’s work on the deals as “total chaos.”

http://www.defense-aerospace.com/articles-view/release/3/185340/croatia-to-issue-rfp-for-new-fighter-this-week.html

In the upcoming week, the Croatian Ministry of Defence will send a formal Request for Proposal for the procurement of fighter aircraft to five countries – Sweden (Gripen JAS-39), the U.S (F-16), South Korea (FA-50), Israel (F-16) and Greece (F-16). 

Upon the receipt, the proposals will be scrutinised based on the aircraft characteristics and capabilities as well as on three key parameters: the bilateral agreement, the price and the business and economy co-operation deal. Croatia aims to promote co-operation at the country level, as the aircraft procurement is a complex and pluriannual deal and entails strategic partnership. 

The criteria regarding the price will be the overall price of the package and the payment modalities. The Republic of Croatia wishes to see the aircraft procurement contract enhance the economic co-operation with the country of choice, and incite its investments into the Croatian economy. 

In view of the complexity and demanding nature of the project the Ministry of Defence staff analysed the experiences of other NATO nations faced with the need of replacement or modernisation of the combat component, namely Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania and Slovakia. 

Depending on the decision timing and the contracting dynamics, the first aircraft is due for delivery by late 2020. 

http://saabgroup.com/Media/news-press/news/2017-09/saab-explores-the-market-for-gripen-aggressor-to-meet-the-us-adair-requirement/

Saab explores the market for Gripen Aggressor to meet the US ADAIR requirement

There is a growing segment within the adversary air combat training market for highly advanced aggressor capabilities to be able to perform more realistic combat training. Gripen Aggressor, recently unveiled at the DSEI exhibition in London, UK, provides an exceptionally capable, dissimilar opponent aircraft system. It is able to perform the advanced combat maneuvering and networking tactics needed to represent a realistic peer or near-peer adversary threat for current and future pilots
The USAF solicitation for ADAIR indicates the need for a high performance, highly capable dissimilar aircraft platform to meet the Level C requirements as outlined in the solicitation document. Fighter pilots need to train advanced combat tactics against peer and near-peer opponents, which is exactly what Gripen Aggressor can provide.
Based on the proven Gripen C-series, the Gripen Aggressor has all the renowned handling and flight characteristics associated with the Gripen Fighter System, including its advanced sensor and datalink capabilities, but is specifically tailored to the adversary role. It will not carry live armament.
Unlike the legacy platforms or current fighter platforms in use by the USAF, Gripen Aggressor, brings a distinctly different appearance and set of capabilities to the training scenario that will further enhance the proficiency of USAF pilots.

http://quwa.org/2017/09/18/saab-launches-arexis-electronic-warfare-suite-gripen-ef/

Saab launches Arexis electronic warfare suite for Gripen E/F

At DSEI 2017, Saab launched the Arexis electronic warfare (EW) suite for fighter aircraft, including Saab’s own JAS-39E/F Gripen multi-role fighter.

In its official press release, Saab says that the Arexis is in the final stages of development and will form a new family of EW solutions in Saab’s product portfolio. Saab claims that the Arexis “will be one of the most advanced EW systems installed in a fighter aircraft.”

The Arexis comprises of gallium nitride (GaN)-based active electronically-scanned array (AESA) transceiver modules (TRM) that serve as ultra-wideband DRFM [Digital Radio Frequency Memory]-based jammers and “interferometric direction finding systems.” Saab added that the Arexis will also be available for electronic attack (EA), in which case the Arexis will be enclosed into an external pod.

As an integrated solution, the Arexis functions other contemporary EW/ECM (electronic countermeasure) solutions. It comprises of a radar warning receiver (RWR), enabling the equipped fighter with situational awareness of enemy radar tracking activity. It also includes DRFM-based ECM systems for jamming against enemy radars, be it onboard enemy aircraft or air-to-air missiles (AAM). For dedicated EA roles, the Arexis can be packaged into a pod, which Saab states, “provides high output power” for dedicated EW/EA roles.

Notes & Comments:

Contemporary EW/ECM suites already utilize AESA-based TRMs – examples include the Italian vendor Elettronica and its Virgilius and EDGE, or Turkey’s Aselsan and its HEWS. However, Saab has advanced the approach further by incorporating GaN-based TRMs, thus leveraging recent advances in AESA TRM cooling and power-output (which it has implemented on the Erieye and Giraffe). Saab is offering the Arexis as both a standardized solution for fighter platforms and a dedicated solution for dedicated EW/EA roles.

Saab’s messaging for the Arexis, particularly its use for intelligence, surveillance reconnaissance (ISR) may suggest an effort to achieve sensor fusion onboard the JAS-39E/F by having the Arexis and the Raven ES-05 AESA radar provide situational awareness of the combat environment. With Saab owning its own land and airborne early warning and control (AEW&C) radar technologies, the sensor fusion element will feed the Gripen E/F from native off-board sensors.

Croatia, Sweden Defence Ministers discussing Gripen fighter jet procurement

Den här affären har ju varit på tapeten även tidigare och då skulle även ett köp av ett par begagnade korvetter av Göteborgs-klassen ingå i affären. Gissningsvis så har dock detta utgått eftersom två av GBG korvetterna nu ska skrotas och två ska halvtidsmoderniseras 2018-20.

/Per

14 hours ago, Perman said:

Croatia, Sweden Defence Ministers discussing Gripen fighter jet procurement

Den här affären har ju varit på tapeten även tidigare och då skulle även ett köp av ett par begagnade korvetter av Göteborgs-klassen ingå i affären. Gissningsvis så har dock detta utgått eftersom två av GBG korvetterna nu ska skrotas och två ska halvtidsmoderniseras 2018-20.

/Per

Intressant att de poängterar "ekonomiska samarbetet", då motköp är förbjudna.  

Har inte tidigare eventuella affärer med Kroatien handlat om leasing snarare än köp? Det har väl tidigare stupat på ekonomi, vad jag har förstått.

Undrar verkligen om det är så annorlunda nu, men vi får väl se. Kroatien har väl ca hälften av försvarsbudgeten som Tjeckien har, och även Ungern verkar satsa ca 1,2 miljarder dollar per år på försvaret jämfört med Kroatiens ca 600 miljoner. Man undrar ju om Kroatien har utrymme för köp av 18 Gripenplan plus flygkostnader i den budgeten. Men vi får väl som sagt se.

På andra MÖP-forum så sägs det att begagnade israeliska F-16 möjligen kan vara på tapeten, de har väl erbjudit ett antal till försäljning. De borde väl dock ha flugits rätt mycket, och kanske kräver en hel del underhåll före en eventuell affär.

Edited by Andtryggve

1 hour ago, Andtryggve said:

På andra MÖP-forum så sägs det att begagnade israeliska F-16 möjligen kan vara på tapeten, de har väl erbjudit ett antal till försäljning. De borde väl dock ha flugits rätt mycket, och kanske kräver en hel del underhåll före en eventuell affär.

Om du ser några poster uppåt i tråden ser du att förutom Gripen, är F-16 från USA, sydkoreanska FA-50 och grekiska och israeliska F-16 bjudna in. 

De israeliska F-16 planen är gamla A/B modeller. Hur mycket israelerna har uppgraderat dem och vilka flygtimmar de har kvar känner jag inte till. 

32 minutes ago, adam7 said:

Om du ser några poster uppåt i tråden ser du att förutom Gripen, är F-16 från USA, sydkoreanska FA-50 och grekiska och israeliska F-16 bjudna in. 

De israeliska F-16 planen är gamla A/B modeller. Hur mycket israelerna har uppgraderat dem och vilka flygtimmar de har kvar känner jag inte till. 

Ah, det missade jag. Tack för påpekandet.

Stämmer dessa uppgifter så torde det väl vara komplett vansinne för Botswana att köpa Gripen. Här påstås att piloterna flyger ca 3h/ månad i medeltal med F-5:orna.

http://www.sundaystandard.info/bdf-command-recommended-f5-upgrade-–-khama-ignores-advice

Köper man Gripen (eller FA-50 för den delen) så lär de väl mest bli stående på marken.

EDIT: frågan är  väl dock om man verkligen kan uppgradera de F-5:or som Botswana har i dagsläget speciellt enkelt eller billigt som verkar påstås i artikeln.

Edited by Andtryggve

Nu verkar Bulgarien backa från beslutet att skaffa Gripen, och ska titta på flera alternativ igen.
https://www.defensenews.com/global/europe/2017/10/23/bulgaria-backpedals-on-saab-gripen-purchase-considers-f-16-and-eurofighter/

Det kan ju också betyda att man egentligen inte har pengar till nya stridsflygplan, men vi får väl se. Man kan väl mycket väl välja Gripen igen, antar jag.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/companies/focusing-on-helicopter-contracts-in-india-at-platform-tier-i-level-adani-group-2425777.html

Adani Defence and Swedish company, SAAB have partnered to make the Gripen fighter plane in India. In an exclusive conversation with CNBC-TV18's Rituparna Bhuyan, SAAB India Chairman said that 51 percent equity is a must in defence for foreign companies to transfer their technology to Indian partners. Mats Palmberg, VP, Industrial Partnerships at SAAB and Jan Widerstorm, Chairman of SAAB India shared their thoughts on the same. Ashish Rajvanshi, Head-Defence & Aerospace of Adani Group spoke about its defence plans.

Mer på länken!

I vanlig ordning så kommer det olika nyheter om vad som händer i Indien, men nu verkar det igen talas om att förhandla om att fler Rafale ska införskaffas, och att dessa ska tillverkas/monteras i Indien.

http://m.thehindubusinessline.com/news/10billion-fighter-deal-hits-techtransfer-air-pocket/article9945734.ece

Budet verkar också vara att indiska regeringen inte är så entusiastiska med detta med att köpa in en utländskt enmotorigt stridsflygplan utan hellre vill satsa detta på Tejas.

Men det kommer säkert nya bud igen.,