Skrämseltaktik

Kanna

USA använder åter igen skrämseltaktik för att tömma förråden på gamla flygplan.

http://www.svt.se/texttv/131.html

JAS är väl mer eller mindre NATO-anpassat nuförtiden. Om jag minns rätt så invände några länder som var intresserade av JAS för några år sedan mot att planet inte gick att lufttanka men så vitt jag vet så finns det nu möjlighet att utrusta planet för lufttankning.

Edited by Kanna

Angående lufttankning:

Är det inte så att NATO har två olika typer av lufttankning.

Dels USAF metod med en rörlig arm, som manöreras i läge av

en operatör på tankflygplanet,

medan USN, USMC och resten av NATO användes sig av metoden med

"drivankare med slang och korg" där piloten ska träffa slangen istället för tvärtom?

Gripen är ju då i C/D-version kompatibel med alla NATO:s lufttankningsflygplan,

medan F-16, som inte har någon extern eller utfällbar tankningssond

bara borde vara kompatibel med USAF lufttankningsflygplan.

Är jag ute och cyklar?

Du är inne på rätt spår helt klart MEN USAF:s tankplan är inte rött av kompatibla med JAS Eurofighter mfl...

Det krävs att man hänger på en slngstump på de amerikanska tanklplanen i det läget, dock "standardförfarande" under bland annat det första gulfkriget...

Ett sjukt system med olika tanksystem inom samma försvarsmakt..

Riktigt sjukt blir det ju nu när man lagt ner EF111 och använder EA 6 (Navy:s störverrsion av A6) so försvarsmaktsgemensam resusrs.. De flyger med FV besättning (till och med har de omskolats och blivit hangarlandningskvalificerade) och skall kunna ingå i strikpacks som understöd åt bla F15E och F16.

MEN de kan inte tankas av samma flygplan :baskerPa: Sjukt men sant..

Maverick: är inte större delen av Prowlerbesättningarna i flottans VAQ-skvadroner fortfarande Navy, endast ett par är Joint? Inte att förglömma de ca 20 st EA6B som flygs av de fyra VMAQ, från MCAS Cherry Point tror jag. Helt otroligt dock med dessa olika tankningssystem, det har ni rätt i. Dock är det så att det skulle ta en evighet att tanka ett stort plan med USMCs system, medan ett litet plan med tank boom nog inte skulle fungera så bra heller i en hangarfartygsmiljö, det är nog därför man har de två olika systemen, som båda fungerar bra i respektive miljö.

Maverick:

Törs inte svara för alla KC135, men tror de flesta om inte alla KC10 har båda systemen. Hade tyvärr inte en tanke på att fråga om alla hade denna installation tyvärr. Hade det stora nöjet att få se båda systemen i aktion tidigare i höstas, på plats i en Extender:

P1000616.JPG

På bilden ovan ses hålet för Hose-Drogue tratten till höger,medan roten på "the flying boom" syns till vänster, med operatörfönstret rakt nedanför.

P1000615.JPG

Mer utzoomat

Är du säker på det jonte72. Har fått för mig att Sverige är de enda som erbjudit Tjeckien att köpa (leasa?) nya flygplan och att Belgiens (f-16) Canadas (f-18) Nederländernas (f-16) samt USAs (f-16) erbjudande alla gäller begagnade plan.

MVH ATLE

I slutändan handlar det om att sälja Fabriksnya flygplan till Tjeckien längre fram i tiden.

Gripen, F-16 och F/A-18 slåss ju om kunderna på de flesta marknader.

Även Gripen flygplanen är väl begagnade - det är ju de första flygplanen som är aktuella.

Länkar in samma länk som Aron i ett inlägg här.

Dagens Nyheter

Och sedan vad jag hittade på Gripen siten för ett tag sedan, hittar det inte igen. Detta finns i Gripen vs. F-16C/D Block 60, Har den en match tråden.

Last Friday, the Swedish government submitted its response to the Czech Republic’s search for an interim solution to meet its air defence needs for the next 5-10 years.

The Swedish Government has offered to provide the Czech Air Force with 14 newly-produced Gripen supersonic, multi-role fighters (12 single and 2 twin seat) together with a full support infrastructure for a price that is within the available budget over a 10 year period.

There will be no additional charges over the loan period. This price includes all operational and maintenance costs and the optional finance package. The Czech Air Force will only need to supply fuel and manpower.

The price will significantly reduce if the Czech government decides not to take up our optional finance proposal.

Supporting this loan of highly capable, newly produced Gripens, will be a programme of offset and industrial co-operation provided by Gripen partners Saab and BAE SYSTEMS in line with the relevant Czech legislation to an amount of approximately 150% of the total contract value. Gripen International through its parent companies Saab and

BAE SYSTEMS, has an excellent track record of delivering offset and industrial co-operation here in the Czech Republic and world-wide.

The aircraft we are offering to the Czech Republic, directly from the Gripen production line in Sweden, will be among the most advanced and capable supersonic, NATO-interoperable, multi-role fighters in service worldwide.

They are a generation ahead of any other aircraft offered to the Czech government in this competition and will give the Czech Republic a capability that is comparable to that of the world’s most advanced and respected air forces.

No upgrades or modifications will be required for these aircraft during the loan period, whether this is for five or 10 years. Included in our loan of these new Gripen fighters will be a comprehensive support package.

Including spares and repair, training devices to provide an in-country training capability, simulator training in Sweden, publications and technical documents, training of personnel and all other necessary support equipment

This is all included in the cost of our bid – which is within the Czech government’s available budget – not a single crown more will be required during the aircraft loan period.

Included in my government’s proposal is an option for a finance package. This offer of financing comes directly from the Swedish government, at lower than commercially available interest rates and requires no advance payments. There are no hidden charges.

Loan repayments can be made in Czech Crowns which will avoid any risk to the Czech government through currency fluctuations. Annual repayments by the Czech government will be lower than the annual available budget.

The aircraft offered by the Swedish Government will of course be fully NATO interoperable and capable of carrying a full range of NATO stock weapons, including those planned for use with the L159 light combat aircraft.

The aircraft offered to the Czech Republic will be the same standard as those to be assigned by the Swedish Air Force for support to international peace-keeping operations around the world and those selected by the Hungarian government following a fighter tender process last year.

As stated these aircraft are fully NATO interoperable. In the Swedish Air Force, Gripen regularly flies in joint force and NATO exercises operating alongside F16, F18, Tornado, Mig 29 and other fighters. This has included events such as the recent 20 nation NATO Partnership for Peace exercise (‘Ample Train’) in Bulgaria.

Gripen has demonstrated that it offers the lowest operational costs of any aircraft in its class – especially when compared to fighter from the previous generation.

If the Czech government so wishes, this offer could be the beginning of a long-term solution using Gripen for the next 30 years and beyond. This could give substantial savings to the Czech Republic, but would be subject to discussions between the Swedish and Czech governments.

Operating a new multi-role, supersonic fighter of the latest generation, such as Gripen, will give the Czech Air Force leading edge competence and capability.

The Swedish Government would see the acquisition of Gripen as the start of a long-term relationship between Sweden and the Czech Republic in the areas of defence and industrial co-operation, with additional involvement from the UK through BAE SYSTEMS.

The Swedish government is convinced that its proposal to loan the Czech Republic 14 new Gripen fighters, for an all-inclusive price within the available budget, represents the best possible option for the Czech Air Force, the Czech economy and Czech industry.

Concluding, the Swedish Government's proposal is all-inclusive – it will not cost the Czech Republic one single crown more over the five or 10 year loan period.