Jump to content

USA:s framtida beväpnade spaningshelikopter


vikingman

Recommended Posts

En tävling för en framtida beväpnad spaningshelikopter; Future Armed Reconnaissance Aircraft (FARA); till US Army pågår. Sikorsky deltar med sin Raider X med en koaxialrotor med propeller baktill och Bell med sin 360 Invictus med en konventionell rotor. I Raider X sitter besättning sida vid sida och i 360 Invictus sitter man efter varandra i tandem. Förhoppningarna är att båda typerna skall flyga 2023. Den vinnade helikoptertypen skall ersätta OH-58D Kiowa Warrior. 
 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_Attack_Reconnaissance_Aircraft
 

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/raider-x-lockheed-martin
 

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/bells-360-invictus-readies-for-flight-but-still-has-no-engine

Sikorsky Raider X:

DSC08169-SIKORSKY-RAIDER-X-FARA-CP-JUNE-2022-Photo1-1-scaled.thumb.webp.527910b208c1965962d64fe99cfd62a5.webp

 

Bell 360 Invictus:

Bell-Invictus-.thumb.webp.be43f761922e4711e1092c0fc2b30323.webp

Edited by vikingman
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 4/8/2023 at 12:52 AM, vikingman said:

En tävling för en framtida beväpnad spaningshelikopter; Future Armed Reconnaissance Aircraft (FARA); till US Army pågår. Sikorsky deltar med sin Raider X med en koaxialrotor med propeller baktill och Bell med sin 360 Invictus med en konventionell rotor. I Raider X sitter besättning sida vid sida och i 360 Invictus sitter man efter varandra i tandem. Förhoppningarna är att båda typerna skall flyga 2023. Den vinnade helikoptertypen skall ersätta OH-58D Kiowa Warrior. 
 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_Attack_Reconnaissance_Aircraft
 

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/raider-x-lockheed-martin
 

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/bells-360-invictus-readies-for-flight-but-still-has-no-engine

Sikorsky Raider X:

DSC08169-SIKORSKY-RAIDER-X-FARA-CP-JUNE-2022-Photo1-1-scaled.thumb.webp.527910b208c1965962d64fe99cfd62a5.webp

 

Bell 360 Invictus:

Bell-Invictus-.thumb.webp.be43f761922e4711e1092c0fc2b30323.webp

Jag skulle tippa på att Sikorsky kniper denna upphandling, då Bell vann FLRAA projektet med sin V-280 Valor. Sikorskys nya koaxialrotor gör sig bättre på kortdistans och i hög manövrerbarhet, och FARA projektet passar dem mycket bättre.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/8/2023 at 12:52 AM, vikingman said:

En tävling för en framtida beväpnad spaningshelikopter; Future Armed Reconnaissance Aircraft (FARA); till US Army pågår. Sikorsky deltar med sin Raider X med en koaxialrotor med propeller baktill och Bell med sin 360 Invictus med en konventionell rotor. I Raider X sitter besättning sida vid sida och i 360 Invictus sitter man efter varandra i tandem. Förhoppningarna är att båda typerna skall flyga 2023. Den vinnade helikoptertypen skall ersätta OH-58D Kiowa Warrior. 
 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_Attack_Reconnaissance_Aircraft
 

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/raider-x-lockheed-martin
 

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/bells-360-invictus-readies-for-flight-but-still-has-no-engine

Sikorsky Raider X:

DSC08169-SIKORSKY-RAIDER-X-FARA-CP-JUNE-2022-Photo1-1-scaled.thumb.webp.527910b208c1965962d64fe99cfd62a5.webp

 

Bell 360 Invictus:

Bell-Invictus-.thumb.webp.be43f761922e4711e1092c0fc2b30323.webp

Är det inte stor risk att det blir samma öde som RAH-66 Comanche?

 

Sen varför ha bemannade beväpnade span/attack helikopter när du kan ha obemannade beväpnade drönare?

 

//TF 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TKraften said:

Är det inte stor risk att det blir samma öde som RAH-66 Comanche?

 

Sen varför ha bemannade beväpnade span/attack helikopter när du kan ha obemannade beväpnade drönare?

 

//TF 

Jag skulle bli förvånad om den inte är ”optionally manned ”, dvs går att köra både med pilot och utan. Jag gissar mig till att man vill flyga i suboptimalt väder, och då är fortfarande en pilot överlägsen.

 

Gissningsvis blir det framöver också likt på fighterjet-sidan, en fråga om kombination. Dvs en bemannad helikopter med en svärm drönare som följer och agerar sensor-suite.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Tombola said:

Jag skulle bli förvånad om den inte är ”optionally manned ”, dvs går att köra både med pilot och utan. Jag gissar mig till att man vill flyga i suboptimalt väder, och då är fortfarande en pilot överlägsen.

 

Gissningsvis blir det framöver också likt på fighterjet-sidan, en fråga om kombination. Dvs en bemannad helikopter med en svärm drönare som följer och agerar sensor-suite.

Ja krävs det bra överblick och snabba beslut är en människa ombord nödvändigt.

 

Troligtvis blir helikoptern som du skriver möjlig att bemanna när man inte vill fjärrstyra.

 

Skriver även på ditt sista påstående att helikoptern blir troligtvis ngt slags nav i framtiden för drönar svärmen.

 

Därför bör man titta på mobila emp vapen vars pulser slår ut svärmen.

 

//TF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...

Det ser inte ut att bli någon ny spaningshelikopter för US Army. Slutsatser från Ukrainakriget och Gazakriget är några av  orsakerna. Det är 20 år sedan RAH-66 Comanche lades ned. Lång artikel på länken nedan:

https://breakingdefense.com/2024/02/army-cancels-fara-helicopter-program-makes-other-cuts-in-major-aviation-shakeup/
 

WASHINGTON — The US Army is cancelling its next generation Future Attack Reconnaissance Aircraft (FARA) program, service officials announced today, taking a potential multi-billion-dollar contract off the table and throwing the service’s long-term aviation plans into doubt.

In addition, the Army plans to end production on the UH-60 V Black Hawk in fiscal 2025, due to “significant cost growth,” keep General Electric’s Improved Turbine Engine Program (ITEP) in the development phase instead of moving it into production, and phase the Shadow and Raven unmanned aerial systems out of the fleet, the service added.
 

The reason for ending FARA, Army leaders told a small group of reporters ahead of the announcement, is a reflection of what war looks like in the modern era. 

“We absolutely are paying attention [to world events] and adjusting, because we could go to war tonight, this weekend,” head of Army Futures Command Gen. James Rainey told reporters at the Pentagon on Thursday.

“We are learning from the battlefield — especially Ukraine — that aerial reconnaissance has fundamentally changed,” Army Chief Gen. Randy George said in a press release. “Sensors and weapons mounted on a variety of unmanned systems and in space are more ubiquitous, further reaching and more inexpensive than ever before.”
 

While observations from places like Ukraine and Gaza are part of the impetus for FARA’s cancellation, the need to free up billions of dollars to invest in unmanned systems was also a prime factor, Rainey and other aviation leaders explained.

So the tentative plan, if Congress approves a fiscal 2024 spending bill with FARA dollars in it, is to keep FARA development going this year, in part to protect the industrial base and continue testing, Army acquisition head Doug Bush said. However, come Oct. 1 when FY25 kicks off, the FARA  development will come to an end — if the service gets its way, as Congress will have to weigh in.
 

Although the Army still has a requirement for a FARA-like capability, Rainey said the service does not plan to kickstart another manned Kiowa replacement effort like it has done in the past. Instead, it will invest elsewhere, especially on the unmanned side, to fulfill the Kiowa’s role as an armed scout operating ahead of other units in war zones.

Just what those final investments will look like will take time to emerge, but Bush said the service plans to use a portion of the billions of dollars freed up, to invest in four spots inside the aviation portfolio.

Ink a new multi-year procurement deal with Lockheed-Sikorsky for the UH-60M Blackhawk line.
Give Boeing the greenlight to formally begin production on the CH-47F Block II Chinook.
Continue Future Long-Range Assault Aircraft (FLRAA) development as planned.
Additional investments for developing and buying unmanned aerial reconnaissance systems like the future tactical unmanned systems and launched effects.

  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...