Ryska försvarsmakten 2015?

Tack för länken! Om du hittar hela den svenska rapporten som sammanfattningen bygger på i PDF, så blir jag ännu gladare. 8-/

Important Conclusions and Outlooks

Putin focuses on making Russia strong, independent and united – not on building  democracy.

The presidency is continuously strengthened but in reality the security structures (e.g.  FSB), have obtained much influence in the state apparatus and the society at large. Both civil and military capabilities are, however, limited by the endemic corruption and lack of rule of law.

Freedom of the media is gradually curbed and strong elements of self-censorship emerge.

Russian political stability is a mirage that does not provide any predictability.

As a result of the latest elections the Duma has become a conveyor belt for presidential  decisions – especially in security matters. Virtually no political opposition exists.

The presidential election 2008 will be a watershed where loyalty of the security structures  likely will be ensured and any emerging opposition discredited.

Foreign policy has become more confident and self-assured. Russia’s status as a great  power is stressed in all connections, especially with regard to small neighbours.

Russia mainly wants to secure its influence in the former Soviet area by using military,  political and economic means of pressure, but this is met by growing resistance and has  limited success.   

Russia’s capacity to use its energy policy as a political weapon (against domestic and  foreign entities) is continuously strengthened, especially towards weak states in the CIS,  and emanates from a strategy of acquisitions and hostile take-overs of energy  infrastructure.

Russia explicitly states that it intends to use energy as a security tool. The risk of energy  blackmail is low for the West but imminent for the Baltic and CIS states.

The decade-long downsizing of the Armed Forces has now definitely come to a halt. Arms  procurement is small but rapidly increasing while the number and complexity of exercises  are significantly increasing, albeit from a low level. It is likely that Russian military  capability will increase considerably in a ten-year perspective.

With its conventional forces Russia will be able to keep and increase its capability to  operate on parts of the Eurasian land mass. It will thus develop a considerable regional  power projection capability.

If necessary priorities to fulfil military reform materialise, an armed forces numbering a  total of 500,000-750,000 men is conceivable. Russia could also maintain a force of  150,000 contracted soldiers with reasonable capability for offensive operations in  local/regional conflicts. Conscript-based units would mainly be assigned for defensive  operations.

Russia will likely be able to develop a capability to perform single, limited preventive/preemptive strikes in more remote corners of the world. In the near future Russia is however  limited to carry out such attacks in areas bordering on the Russian Federation.

Det låter verkligen som bra argument för en fortsatt svensk nedrustning... :D Å förlåt, jag glömde det självklara: Om Sverige avskaffar sin försvarsmakt, så kommer alla andra länder också att göra det, och sedan så har vi fred för evigt här på jorden. Ingen skulle vara så elak att de anfaller Sverige om Sverige inte kan försvara sig, för det vore väldigt väldigt elakt och skulle göra FN jättearga, samma FN som då kommer och ordnar Sveriges försvar. :wub:

Det låter verkligen som bra argument för en fortsatt svensk nedrustning...  Å förlåt, jag glömde det självklara: Om Sverige avskaffar sin försvarsmakt, så kommer alla andra länder också att göra det, och sedan så har vi fred för evigt här på jorden. Ingen skulle vara så elak att de anfaller Sverige om Sverige inte kan försvara sig, för det vore väldigt väldigt elakt och skulle göra FN jättearga, samma FN som då kommer och ordnar Sveriges försvar. 

Amen!

Vi som vill ha försvaret kvar är ju bara

obotliga, krigshetsande, vapenromantiker.. :D

(Hade någon gått ut i mitten på 80-talet

och spått att det skulle bli krig i Juggeland

med 100000-tals döda x 5 så många flyktingar.

Va, i detta relativt välmående turistland i Europa.

Inte en chans.)

Tacksam för att mina förfäder stod upp för friheten

för 6 decennier sedan.

(Hade någon gått ut i mitten på 80-talet

och spått att det skulle bli krig i Juggeland

med 100000-tals döda x 5 så många flyktingar.

Va, i detta relativt välmående turistland i Europa.

Inte en chans.)

Tacksam för att mina förfäder stod upp för friheten

för 6 decennier sedan.

...stod upp för friheten

- Det är relevant hur?

Syftar du på halvnazistiska Ustasja eller kanske Tjetniker, som stod upp (för vad mot vad?)och gick bet, eller på Titos partisaner som stod upp och vann.. ja vad, frihet?

...eller missade jag något annat budskap?

Edited by Conan