Militärhistoriska citat

Nestor

Det är mystiskt vad man kan hitta på Google ( :huh: ) när man försöker hitta lite trevliga citat från Antiken.

Jag stötte på denna lilla sida

Military-quotes.com

"Sure, we want to go home. We want this war over with. The quickest way to get it over with is to go get the bastards who started it. The quicker they are whipped, the quicker we can go home. The shortest way home is through Berlin and Tokyo. And when we get to Berlin, I am personally going to shoot that paper hanging son-of-a-bitch Hitler. Just like I'd shoot a snake!"

- General George S. Patton, Jr

(addressing his troops before Operation Overlord, June 5, 1944) :camo:

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally."

Soviet infantry manual, issued in the 1930's

Ibland undrar man.....

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- General George Patton Jr

Var killen ett slags geni eller borde han egentligen ha suttit inlåst någonstans? :huh:

"War used to be cruel and magnificent, now it is just cruel and sqoild"

Winston Churchill i "My early life" när han jämnför kavallerichocken vi Oumdurman(där han var med i 21st lancers) och VK1.

"Iniquitas enim partis adversae iusta bella ingerit gerenda sapienti"

(ty det är den motsatta sidans orättvisa som leder den vise mannen till att föra rättfärdiga krig) //Sankt Augustinus av Hippo(354-430)

Archived